Meet Jean Phillips.
Learn how Transitional Care at the Jewish Home helped her restore her fearlessness.
Mission & Values
To enhance the quality of life, health, and well-being of Jewish older adults, their families, and others in our community, consistent with the values and traditions of our Jewish heritage.
To ensure our community’s older adults lead meaningful lives with choice and dignity.
We recognize that people thrive in an atmosphere of respect, compassion and individuality, we are committed to providing programs and services implementing these values:
- Provide an atmosphere of warmth, dignity and respect based on our Jewish values
- Foster an environment of independence and autonomy
- Respect each individual’s philosophy of life and death, religion and culture
- Advocate for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of older adults and their families
- Recognize the importance of both high-quality services and value
- Create an environment that promotes creativity, innovation and excellence
- Encourage the richness of diversity among our residents, patients, program participants, staff and volunteers
- Foster collaboration among residents, families, staff, volunteers and other community organizations to meet the needs of those we serve
The Jewish Home grew directly out of the Jewish community of Rochester, which began in the early 1800s when a few enterprising individuals ventured here to make new lives for themselves.
The Jewish Home’s first location was a large house on St. Paul Street, with room for seven full-time residents and several support personnel. Since those early days, we have grown to provide a full continuum of senior services through Jewish Senior Life.
A complete history of the Jewish Home is available in our book, A Family Among Families and the addendum entitled, Honoring the Promise, released in the fall of 2010. Contact the Jewish Senior Life Foundation for more information.
In need of short-term care after a hospital stay? We're internationally recognized for our high quality rehab program!
Our Transitional Care / Short-Term Rehab program at Jewish Senior Life helps you resume control over daily living activities, and return home as quickly, safely, and comfortably as possible. Internationally recognized for high quality and customer satisfaction (CARF, 2015), we’re unique in that we offer you a full-time, in-house medical staff, a full time Physiatrist (trained in rehabilitation), and therapy sessions 7 days a week. Call 585-784-6397!
“The care was wonderful, expert, caring and efficient. The food was tasty, delicious and plentiful. I recommend the place wholeheartedly. Whomever is there to recuperate will do very well and be well taken care of.” – Dr. Alan M.
myHeart Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Hear from Jean Phillips and how Transitional Care at the Jewish Home helped her restore her fearlessness. Click here.